A storm system will develop in the southern Ohio Valley on Tuesday, and push into the Hudson Valley early on Wednesday. The result will be a combination of snow, sleet and freezing rain… across the Hudson Valley, that will last through the day. By the time the storm exits Wednesday evening, we could see a wide range of snowfall amounts across the region.
- 7am to 10am… Snow develops from west to east
- 12pm to 2pm… Snow changes to sleet & freezing rain south of I-84
- 2pm to 5pm… Snow mixes/changes to sleet & freezing rain I-84 to Kingston
- 6pm to 9pm… Snow/Mix tapers off from west to east
- Extreme Lower HV (zone 9): 1 to 3 inches
- Lower HV (zone 8): 2 to 5 inches
- Mid HV, southern Catskills (zone S3, S4, 5, 6 & 7): 4 to 8 inches
- Catskills, Taconics, Upper HV (zone 1, 2, N3, N4): 6 to 12 inches
We will provide a more detailed analysis of how the storm plays out later on Tuesday morning. Please check back here, for an updated Discussion, as an updated addition to this post.