…HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM:
– 11 AM TO 8 PM EDT THURSDAY…
– NOON TO 8 PM EDT FRIDAY…
* WHAT…Heat index values in the mid 90s to lower 100s expected
both Thursday and Friday afternoon.
* WHERE… Entire Hudson Valley (excluding western Greene and Western Ulster counties).
* WHEN…11 AM to 8 PM EDT Thursday and noon to 8 PM EDT Friday.
* IMPACTS…Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses to occur.
Instructions: Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.